play button
S U D A K S H A V I S A S 2 G O
  • 3rd floor 302A Plot, 705, Rd NO: 36, Aditya Enclave, Venkatagiri, Jubilee Hills, Hyd, TS-500033
  • Mon – Fri: 10:00 A.M to 18:00 P.M

UK Student Visa

The UK experiences four seasons with temperatures ranging from -5°C to 32°C. The Southern UK is warmer than the North, and cities are generally warmer than the countryside. Notable climate features include long summer days and short winter days. The country boasts scenic countryside, beautiful beaches, Scottish Highlands, and Welsh landmarks.

The UK is known for its multiculturalism, diverse population, and friendly people. The traditional value system coexists with an openness to various cultures. With over 65 million people, the UK ranks 18th in population. It's a hub for education, hosting around a quarter of a million international students.

Major cities include London, Portsmouth, Bath, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cardiff, and Belfast. The UK offers a rich cultural scene with cinemas, theatres, pubs, nightclubs, and a variety of sports activities like football, cricket, and rugby. The education system is globally respected, producing influential alumni like Bill Clinton and Imran Khan.

UK education focuses on independent thinking and practical skills. Quality education facilities and support systems lead to low drop out rates. The UK is considered affordable, offering diverse programs and a multicultural environment. Programs are relatively short, with undergraduates taking 3 years and postgraduates 1 year.

Flexibility: The US education system allows flexibility in choosing courses and transferring between institutions.

Student Visa for the UK

If you're 16 years or older and have received an offer to study from a licensed student sponsor in the UK, you can apply for a student visa. To be eligible, you must demonstrate sufficient funds to support yourself and cover your course expenses (the amount varies based on your circumstances) and possess proficiency in English (speaking, reading, writing, and understanding). If you're aged 16 or 17 and wish to study at an independent school, you may consider applying for a Child Student visa instead. This visa has replaced the previous Tier 4 (General) student visa.

Travelling to the UK

You can arrive in the UK before your course starts, but the timing depends on the course duration:

Up to 1 week before, for courses lasting 6 months or less.
Up to 1 month before, for courses lasting more than 6 months.
Ensure not to travel before the start date mentioned on your visa, regardless of your course commencement date.

Your Partner and Children

You may have the option to bring your partner and children (dependents) to the UK.

Permitted Activities

As a student visa holder, you can study and work as a student union sabbatical officer. Whether you can work beyond this depends on your study program and whether it's during or outside term time. However, certain activities like claiming public funds, specific jobs (e.g., professional sports person or sports coach), and self-employment are not allowed on this visa.