play button
S U D A K S H A V I S A S 2 G O
  • 3rd floor 302A Plot, 705, Rd NO: 36, Aditya Enclave, Venkatagiri, Jubilee Hills, Hyd, TS-500033
  • Mon – Fri: 10:00 A.M to 18:00 P.M

USA Tourist Visa


If you are a foreign national planning to visit the United States, you will need to get a visa. There are two types of visas: immigrant visas for long-term residency and non-immigrant visas for short-term visits. Non-immigrant visitor visas are available for those who want to visit the country for tourism or trip (visa category B-2), business (visa category B-1), or a combination of both (B-1/B-2).

There are various activities that you can do with a visitor visa, depending on the category:

Business (B-1)

  • • Consult with the business associates
  • • Attend an educational, professional, scientific, or business convention or conference
  • • Settle an estate
  • • Negotiate a contract

Tourism (B-2)

  • • Tourism or trip
  • • Vacation or holiday
  • • Visiting friends and relatives
  • • Medical treatment or hospital treatment
  • • Participation in social events hosted or conducted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
  • • Participation by amateurs in sports, musicals, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
  • • Enrolment in a short course of education, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation).

Please note that visitor visas are not valid for certain activities, including studying, working, performing for a paying audience, and crew member positions on ships or aircraft. Additionally, visitor visas cannot be used for permanent residency or birth tourism. To ensure a smooth visa application process, it is recommended that you apply early. Wait times for interview appointments may vary depending on your location, the season, and the type of visa you are applying for. Before your interview, it is important to prepare and gather all necessary documentation.

Remember that individuals on a visitor visa are not allowed to work in the United States. Also, having a valid visa in an expired passport is still valid, so do not remove it from your expired passport. If you plan to receive medical treatment in the US, you may need to provide additional paperwork during your visa interview. This paperwork may include a medical diagnosis from a local doctor explaining your condition and why you require treatment in the US, a letter from a US doctor or medical facility confirming their willingness to treat your specific condition and outlining the expected time and cost of care (including all medical-related costs), and proof that your travel, healthcare, and living expenses in the US will be covered.